Join Our Team
Sound Mind Austin seeks licensed mental health professionals who are passionate about music and mental health to join my team. Experience psychotherapy on the fringe of the music industry and help bridge the gap between a life in music and sound mental health. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients within the music industry to achieve personal and professional performance goals. Candidates with a deep appreciation of music, experience in music disciplines, or those who use music as a path towards healing are strongly considered to apply.
The position is designed to grow caseloads with flexibility at a pace suitable to schedule and needs. Sound Mind Austin offers a competitive compensation package with W-2 employment, professional liability insurance coverage, paid onboarding, training, and team supervision.
- Include at least 5 sliding-scale slots on your caseload for low-income music industry clients.
- Perform Telehealth counseling services for children, teens, adults, couples, families, and group therapy opportunities.
- Timely communication and engagement with a client’s treatment team (i.e., psychiatrist, schools, parents, etc.).
- Timely and complete written records of client treatment notes. Keep client files accurate, up to date, and in accordance with HIPAA guidelines. Charge clients and collect payments for services.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, and maintain professional development opportunities.
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner, and to maintain respectful, cooperative, and collaborative relationships with coworkers and networking agencies.
- Maintain and grow your caseload through networking, marketing, and outreach efforts.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in mental health, counseling, social work, and/or applicable field. Licensed (LMFT, LPC, LCSW, PhD, or PsyD) in the State of Texas. LMFT and LPC Associates under supervision and with strong qualifications considered.
- Ideal candidates have a strong background in systems theory, trauma informed care, and lifespan development.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit agency is preferred.
- Candidates with at least one niche market for counseling services strongly preferred. (i.e., substance abuse treatment, EMDR, child development, etc.).
- Therapist is comfortable working online through a Telehealth platform and has a quiet and confidential workspace with daily access to quality internet.
Interested applicants can send resume, cover letter, and references to: